We use a system called askmyGP which is an easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the practice.
- We respond during working hours Monday to Friday
- We aim to respond the same day (after 4.30pm it may be the next working day)
- You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working)
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone, secure message or video call
- If we need to see you we will usually give you a face-to-face or video appointment the same day
- Video consultations are provided by our own doctors through a secure link to your mobile, tablet or laptop for no extra charge
- You can register for askmyGP now, without any paperwork
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose to get in touch, your GP will get contact you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone, by secure message, or arrange to see you the same day, or another day if that’s more convenient.
Please note you can no longer book a GP appointment using our previous online appointment system.
askmyGP is available to all our patients, and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward!
We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smart phone or tablet to use askmyGP:
- it saves you time
- really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of surgeries
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need and,
- it stops the 8am rush for appointments as you can contact the practice at any time, and up to 4.30pm get a response, and be seen if needed the same day!
We would ask again to please call us on 01749 342863 as soon as possible if for any reason you cannot attend your appointment. If you have a mobile phone and receive a text reminder from us, you can text back CANCEL if you no longer need the appointment.
Home visits are for patients who are too ill or infirm to come to the Surgery. If you need the doctor to visit you at home please telephone the Surgery on 01749 342863 before 10:00am Monday to Friday and give the receptionist as much information as you can to help the doctor assess the urgency of the visit. The doctor may want to telephone you back to check in more detail before making a visit.
Doctors on leave
Appointment books for doctors on leave are closed until the day they return. You are welcome to book an appointment with any other doctor in your own doctor’s absence.
How to book – Practice Nurse appointments
Practice Nurse appointments should always be booked in advance as these clinics get very busy. (You may usually book up to 6 weeks ahead).
How to book – Medicals & Postnatal examinations
Medicals and Postnatal examinations should be booked in advance. Please tell the receptionist if you need to book either of these, as we follow separate guidelines for these types of appointments.
If you are unsure about any of the above information please ask a receptionist for clarification.
Please note that the surgery does not open on a Saturday or Sunday. If you need medical assistance after 6.30pm, at weekends or bank Holidays, you should telephone NHS 111 by dialling 111 – calls are free from landlines and mobiles, BUT PLEASE SEE IMPROVED ACCESS CLINIC INFORMATION