ONLINE PATIENT TRIAGE
Doctor’s Appointments – Accurx
We use a system called Accurx which is an easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the practice. There is no need to register for this service.
- We respond during working hours Monday to Friday
- Urgent requests are triaged by a GP, for all other routine requests we aim to respond within 72 hours
- You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working)
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone, email or video call
- If we need to see you we will usually give you a face-to-face or video appointment the same day
- Video consultations are provided by our own doctors through a secure link to your mobile, tablet or laptop for no extra charge
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose to get in touch, your GP will get contact you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone, by email, by video call, or arrange to see you face to face if necessary..
Please note you can no longer book a GP appointment using our previous online appointment system.
Online services are is available to all our patients, and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward!
We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smart phone or tablet to use Accurx - Patient Triage:
- it saves you time
- really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of surgeries
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need and,
- it stops the 8am rush for appointments as you can contact the practice at any time, and up to 4.30pm get a response, and be seen if needed the same day!
Medicals & Postnatal examinations
Medicals and Postnatal examinations should be booked in advance. Please tell the receptionist if you need to book either of these, as we follow separate guidelines for these types of appointments.
If you are unsure about any of the above information please ask a receptionist for clarification.